ARTIST SPOTLIGHT:SHA STIMULI

Photobucket

Say whats good to Sha Stimuli, microphone beast.Stimuli's been under the radar as far as the Hip Hop masses are concerned but definately not by true hiphop fans.We been supporters of each other for years now.When I get one of his tracks Im never hold my breath hoping its gonna be hot,it's always hot.If you dont know who he is,here's your chance to catch up.If your into lyrics and real M.C.ism this ones for you.I caught up with him for little Q & A.Heres what happened.


1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

Right now I'm not signed to any label or anything. I was signed to virgin records a few yrs back but I ended up getting out of that situation. I am in talks with a few labels but I haven't finalized a deal yet.

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

I don't pay much attention to hip-hop. It is what it is to me. I've lost the love as a fan because I get sidetracked with the industry side of it. When an artist like myself is told he only matters if his record is a hit then it makes you take a step back and refocus on what's most important. And to me that's making music to reach people. So honestly I miss the 90's era and I don't want to sound like an old head so I don't comment on the state of the genre much. Its just not what it was. I'm more into music than I am hip-hop.

3.TELL THE PEOPLE ABOUT THE 12 MIXTAPES IN 12 MONTHS YOUR DOING ?

Being that I got bored with the mixtapes, since I have so much unreleased music and due to the fact that I wanted to show people what it is to grind, I decided to do a cd every 30 days. Most of them are inspired by something so when you're listening you can expect a certain feel. I have a lot of labels and people trying to get me to stop because I'm letting quality music go but its fun to me. I really am venting thru the music and its exciting to put together an album in a few weeks. Its like boot camp for the real thing. I want to do something that hasn't been done and I hope people really get something from it.

4.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Naaah the internet allows me to drop these cds every month. I can put em out on the net for download and reach the globe. It may have diluted the talent pool because people can access music easier and unsigned artists can reach more people but the internet is still helpful. The times have changed and if one point we thought cds or even vinyl was harming music imagine what's next. At some point there will be newer technology and maybe artists will not be able to survive off of record deals alone. I think that's how it was when I was a kid. As a young fan of hip-hop, every artist wasn't rich and it made the occupation one of those things that was cool but difficult. In the last 10 yrs being a rapper has become "easy" to most people.

5.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR?

I'm happy but not content if that makes sense. I achieved some big things as far as getting Unsigned Hype, landing a record deal, winning Best Lyricist at the underground music awards and right now I'm still relevant enough that people even care to hear my music or see what's going on with me. I do feel like I should be further in my career as far as notoriety but I think things happen when they're supposed to. My MTV sucker freestyle has gotten me a lot of love and I think I know enough about the game now that when I reach the next phase of my career I'll be ready to deal with it.

6.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

One joint? I don't think I have one but if I had to pick it would probably Puff's joint technically: Victory. Something about the music escalating and the imagery with Big's lyrics. "I perform like Mike, anyone, Tyson, Jordan, Jackson"

7.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

My Block is probably my favorite. I have no clue why though. The music and the words just make a marriage.

8.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

Umm I used to have a crush on Nia Long back in the Boyz N The Hood days but I heard she chain smokes cigarettes so Sanaa may have to win that battle. I'm not fooled by the movie actresses though. They look good on camera but it takes a whole lot for that look. They both have blossomed since they got in the game.

9.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

A trim is always good, shows concern for hygiene. Bald is not bad but that's a female's preference. As for the bush, that can look a little crazy but honestly the look is not as important as the smell.

10.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

I don't have a top 5 really, just my favorite.
Biggie
Jay-z
Andre 3000
Eminem
Nas


11.ANY ADVISE FOR THOSE MC'S THINKING ABOUT GETTING IN THE GAME

If you're thinking about getting in the game then don't get in it. Music should be a part of you. I had to do it because it kept calling me. It wasn't a thought. It should be something that you have to do because you have something to add to it. But if you're in it for money, fame, women, or whatever my advice to you is recognize what you want out of it. After that tell your team what you want to achieve and go for it. Figure out what you want to say as an emcee and make no excuses.

12.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Yea I believe websites are great promotion because its more controlled by the audience. I mean we can control what's on the site but we can pick what site we want to go to. Radio is programmed for us to like stuff and tv gives us false images. Somehow real hip-hop fans will get what they used to get. I just don't know what that's going to take. Hopefully I can help without telling you I'm going to help.


13.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

A DJ can reach me at shastimuli@gmail.com and all my new and old fans can reach me at myspace.com/shastimuli. I will hit you back. Shout to DJ Victorious and Musaic management, Mister Fame and the Carnegie group and everyone that believes in me and music that imitates life. Thee Emotion Picture LP is still coming. Stay tuned

-The Present
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SHASTIMULI

HERES A COUPLE OF MY PERSONAL FAV'S ENJOY

SHYNE FREESTYLE





http://www.mediafire.com/?xzvdfxkiged

IM IN THE HOOD





http://www.mediafire.com/?vfzmkww9yim

LEANING





http://www.mediafire.com/?gm1yiedewix