Artist Spotlight:Mr.Finley

Mr. Finley pic - 1 [photo credit D-Nice]


Say whats good to Las Vegas own Mr.Finley(Shout out to Macc for the heads up).Could this be ......something new in Hip Hop.......Yes and its coming straight outta the 702.His slick style and approach is what instantly catches you.I knew when I heard his first joint that he was gonna be on heavy rotation in my car.So Now Im doing my part to bring to you another dope MC.I caught up with him for a lil Q&A and this is what went down.YOUR WELCOME............YOUR ALL WELCOME

1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

For those who don't know, i'm signed to K.A.M.P WESS / GHET-O-VISION / DEF JAM

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

In my opinion, hip hop today in general has gotten kinda lazy..do the same thing over and over 'til its completely dead. Nobody wants to take the chance of being original because they are afraid of "failure", so they'd rather do what was successful for the last person or hit song.

3.AS A UPCOMING ARTIST IS IT HARDER FOR YOU TO GAIN NEW FANS COMING FROM VEGAS AND WHATS THE HIPHOP SCENE LIKE IN VEGAS?

I don't think it's harder to gain new fans because i have a story and point of view that has yet to be expressed. Something new is desperately needed in hip hop today, and i have that. Not to mention the music is fire and i'm not too bad to look at either.

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES?

I am a fan of mixtapes. Mixtapes allow artist to say what they really feel and tell it like it really is.

5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Absolutely not. The internet is a very powerful tool. And if used correctly, it can help you to become much more than u could have 10 years ago.

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

Even though i've been working to get here my whole entire life to get here, i'm just gettin' started. That's a good thing because i'm not old! I'm a brand new veteran.

7.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

Juicy, of course. it sums up the struggle that every poverty-stricken person that has overcome every obstacle to reach success beyond their wildest dreams. I can definitely relate.

Photobucket

8.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

Hail Mary. It just don't get get more gangsta than that.

9.SANNA LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

Nia Long is hot!..smokin' hot. But Sanna is absolutely flawless..Is she married.

10.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

Definitely no bush. Neatly trimmed is ok, but i'm partial to bald..i gotta see it, ya feel me

11.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

Jay,Wayne,Big,T.I.,and myself (no offense, just my opinion).

12.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

Hip hop is real..real feelings and points of view anyway. we say what the rest of the world won't say. I don't see how speaking on what we see and go through negative. We are all products of our environment.

13.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Of course! If you build it, they will come.

14.WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM YOU IN THE FUTURE?

The least you can expect from me is dope, timeless music..but i'm pretty sure that i have much more to offer.

15.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

DJs can contact me on www.imeem.com/mrfinley To all of my fans and supporters..much love. Shouts out to K.A.M.P. WESS (Macc,Wacc,Wok,Rich,TDK,Tease,Thursty For Beats,) VEGAS STAND UP! WE HERE NOW!! ERROL!!!

HERES A COUPLE OF HIS NEW JOINTS

Any Night Of The Week





LINK

For The Money

LINK