ARTIST SPOTLIGHT:DAYTONA

Photobucket

Meet Daytona(reppin the BX all day).I needed a late pass for this one.I didnt know about him until yesterday,but you know I move fast when it comes to talent.I hunted him down for a quick lil interview.He's gonna give you a new feel on the game,not that same ole same ole,and introduce ya'll to some freshness at the same time.So heres what happened when I caught up with him,Stricklee Hip Hop style,you should know by now how I do.

1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

I am signed to JACKMOVE Inc. Which is I and Cipha Sounds production company.


2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

Right now I'm lovin the state of hip hop... Its lookin like things are getting better! People are once again creating there own lanes... I'm lovin the way that the internet basically allows you to give yourself free promotion. The game has change over all. And I'm glad to be apart of this new breed.

3.WHATS THE ONE THING YOU THINK NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOR YOU TO TAKE THE WORLD BY STORM?

I think that by my music getting out there... The people get to understand and know me better. And when that happens, the movie begins!

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES?

Well it kind of depends.. I love the tapes that you can rock out wit for months @ a time. The joints that are generic and have a bunch of "exclusives" are played out. Mainly because they're no such things as exclusives anymore. Internet kilt that...

5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Nah like I said before the internet help put a lot of people on. The independant movement is so strong now... The people that are mad @ the internet are the ones that get affected.. Mainly major labels. But there's a catch 22 to that because labels aren't giving out that cake that they used to because they aren't makin any money.. But pretty soon, are we even gonna need majors anymore?!

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

Right now I feel like a top 5 draft pick.. So much potential but haven't proved much yet.
I gotta stay n the gym, shoot a million jump shots a day.... And only then will I reach my full potential.

7.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

One More Chance rmx... His swag on that was so incredible!!! Yo till this day it still gives me goose bumps.

8.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

I Get Around.. When I hear that in the club it makes my swag reach a hunned n climbing!

9.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY

Nia Long... Her eyes n skin is so crazy! Her tit game is money 2....

10.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

Neatly trimmed.. I don't like to beat around the bush and balled cooch looks like raw chicken.

11.AIR FORCE ONES ,BAPES ,OR JORDANS

Airs

12.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

Slick Rick, Snoop,
Ma$e, Jay Z, and BIG

13.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

Read the whole book watch the whole movie before you make a comment on it.

14.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Of course! Any kind of promotion is good promotion... Get your name out there!

15.WHEN CAN I GET YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST OFFICIAL STRICKLEE HIP HOP MIXTAPE?

Jus ask and I'm on it!

16.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

DJ's can contact me @ www.myspace.com/thekiddaytona. I wanna say thanks to all those who supported and downloaded "A Tribe Called Fresh". I truly appreciate the luv! Be on the look out for more music coming real soon!!! Shout to my JACKMOVE fam.. Ciph Jamal n Mr Morgan. EP Money my dudes Ruler Divine n Silver for helping to produce n edit the tape. The whole BX boro.. 164 Grand Concourse!!!! Peace out.... Beach Boy 08'

HERES A COUPLE OF MY FAVS
WORKIN ON IT





http://www.mediafire.com/?2jkohjj7jly

SCENARIO FREESTYLE





http://www.mediafire.com/?ygjybmvbbnm