ARTIST SPOTLIGHT : J.COLE

Photobucket

Say Whats good to J.Cole (Reppin N.C.).J has that kinda swag and flow that anybody into lyrics is gonna feel.J spits with hunger and determination in his voice,which is rare nowadays(everybody a Boss remember)First time I heard him I was hooked as Im sure ya'll be.If your not feeling this cat as MC your no longer welcomed on the site.lol.I always feel good when I come across a new dope MC.I caught up with him for a lil Q and A and heres what went down.

1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

Fortunately I'm currently Independent. I say fortunately because I almost took a couple of bad deals! Luckily, I can read, and now I have great options.

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

I guess it's the cool thing to do to complain about hip hop these days, but I actually love everything that's happening right now. From what's on the radio to the new cats coming up on the blogs, this thing is getting exciting again. I'm just happy to be able to be a part of the new class of artists who are leading this shit in a new direction. Everything happens for a reason. 50 said "Sunny days wouldn't be special if it wasn't for rain.. Joy wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't for pain." That's one of my favorite lines. This music that people are crying and complaining about is only feeding their hunger for something new, which works in favor of an artist like me.

3.AS A UNDERGROUND ARTIST ,IS IT HARDER FOR YOU TO GET YOUR MUSIC TO THE MASSES,OR ARE THINGS STARTING TO SWING YOUR WAY?

Well, I don't consider myself an underground artist. I hope that doesn't come across as arrogant or anything, because I know my name is not very familiar yet, but I've never liked that term since I started rapping at age 12. But in this day and age, whether signed or not, an artist's best friend is the internet. It puts all artists on the same playing field. Ultimately, a nigga with a deal has 1,000 times more radio and video promotion on his side, but when it comes to that viral buzz, the internet levels the playing field. You got NY rappers like Mickey Factz and Donny Goines getting shine on these blogs that rappers with deals can't even get.


4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES.

For years I told myself I would never do a mixtape. I'm such a perfectionist that I couldn't grasp the concept of "throw away" songs or wasting verses. Then, when I got to New York it was even worse because everybody had a mixtape. My barber had a mixtape! He could really rap though, but still, the point is the mixtape shit was so saturated I was so against it.... With that said, Download my mixtape, "The Come Up" Hosted by DJ On Point. http://www.zshare.net/download/1065071662ed466f/

Really though my first mixtape happened organically and took over a year to make. In retrospect, you can tell it was over time because it plays more like an actual album than most mixtapes which are just thrown together randomly. I treated "The Come Up" how niggas used to treat their albums, with the beat selection and the time it took to craft the verses.

The next one puts things on a whole different level though. Coming Soon.

5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Naw, no way. The internet is forcing rappers to work harder, be more creative, as well as more real. It's hard to be a drug kingpin in your raps when your pay stubs and a picture of you working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car surfaces on the web.

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

Man, I'm in such a perfect position. I truly believe that everything is happening how it's supposed to. I'm grateful for every bit of attention I've gotten so far, from the Industry, as well as from the internet and just word of mouth. And ultimately, I just want to be one of the greatest to ever do it. Sounds crazy right now, but soon it will all make sense.I've got a long way to go but I'm going to enjoy the journey.

7.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

10 Crack Commandments. Cause "Money and blood don't mix like two dicks and no bitch... find yourself in serious shit!"

8.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

Tupac is the greatest of all time and my favorite rapper ever. This is like asking a MIchael Jordan fan what's your all-time favorite move of his. If I had to pick one I would say "Dear Momma" just because there's so much to learn from that song as a rapper. A beat that loops every 2 bars, 3 verses of 20 bars each, and somehow you can't turn the song off anytime it comes on. Every rapper should take a class on Pac. I have to throw in "So Many Tears" though.

9.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

It's hard to pass up Nia Long in that cherry thong with the lights on. But I gotta go with Miss Love and Basketball all day.

10.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

All of the above.Bald let's you know that either she really doesn't like pubic hair, or that she's just self conscious about letting it grow out. A bush let's you know that she's comfortable and confident in herself, and could care less about your preference. And Neatly Trimmed let's you know that someone is seeing her goods on the regular.

11.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
and 5. Dylan

And after Dylan I have to say Tupac, Andre, Nas, Jay-z, and Eminem.

12.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

Law of attraction. Selective hearing. These are some things that come to mind.


13.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Of course. We're in a day and age of sharing. Everyone wants to put on and be put on to good shit. So sites like this are so key to making this happen. It takes a certain type of person to be dedicated to spreading what they consider
good music. It's much appreciated by me. I have to give thanks.

14.WHEN CAN WE DO SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST OFFICIAL STRICKLEE HIP HOP MIXTAPE?

Right now!

15.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

DJ's send an email to DreamvilleRecords@gmail.com or hit my myspace. www.myspace.com/therapistmusic

To all supporters, fans, future fans I just want to say thanks, and I promise I'm gonna make it real easy to root for me. Should you choose to stick with me on this mission to the top,
you will not be let down.

HERES SOME OF MY FAVS

I REALLY MEAN IT





FULL LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/?ga86hnukmur

JUST TO STAY FLY





FULL LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/?zepdwf4dncw