MC SPOTLIGHT: JD ERA

Photobucket

Say whats good to JD Era(Reppin Canada)I cant front I just got put on to him,and damn I was impressed.Lyrical skills with the swag to match.You can hear the hunger in his voice when he spits his flames and his confidence is just that not cocky.Come see what a real Mc has to bring to the game in this my third interview with a Canadian M.C.(see Drake and Eternia)I sat down with him and heres what happened.Dont sleep.

1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

We run our own label Black Market Music Group here in Toronto, but I'm not signed over in the u.s. Just trying to play the game smart.

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

I think hip hop is just going thru another phase and the people that have been successful just understand the change. There's always going to be hot shit and wack shit, but it's been good to see hip hop grow.

3.AS A INTERNATIONAL ARTIST ,IS IT HARDER FOR YOU TO GET YOUR MUSIC TO THE MASSES,OR ARE THINGS STARTING TO SWING YOUR WAY?

I can't complain, with this new Coming To America tape things have been working in my favor. The internet has been a big help for me to get the music out, but I can still do a lot more work to build in the states.

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES.

Mixtapes are necessary!!! Their a way to build your buzz without having an album out. I'm trying to make my first release as big as possible. The tapes keep a nigga like me relevant.

5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Anyone that says that is old and needs a hug. The internet is just another way to find good music. Hip hop is bigger than the 20 artists on your block.

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

I think things are going in the right direction. I'm working on getting a couple more looks from labels, but right now I'm confident because the music that I'm giving out for free is getting a better response then I expected. I'm just trying to show and prove that my music is better than the competition.

7.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

Too many to name. I play warning a lot though. Biggie was just nice.

8.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

Hail Mary. The first two lines in that track leave you with no choice but to vibe with it.

9.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

Hmmmm.... Thats tough. I go with Nia Long. She was the first woman with short hair that gave me a chubby. lol.

10.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

Bald eagle...

11.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

Jay-Z, Eminem, Biggie, Nas, and Mos Def

12.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

I think they just need to search harder. Hip hop is a reflection of people's lives. No way they can say that all hip hop artist go through is negative experiences.

13.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

We need sites like this. You guys are doing a dope job if keeping people in the loop.
14.WHEN CAN WE DO SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST OFFICIAL STRICKLEE HIP HOP MIXTAPE?

Just give me the word homey, I got joints for days.

15.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

Dj's can hit me up at jdera1@gmail.com. Promoters can hit me up at theproduct@rogers.com. I want people to support good music. Fuck where it's from. Check me out on WWW.URBMOB.COM/JDERA and WWW.MYSPACE.COM/JDERA and WWW.JDERA.BLOGSPOT.COM

HERES A COUPLE OF MY FAVS

GRIND SEASON





FULL LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/?0mmzxllypmm

NINE





FULL LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/?in0di2vmxcj

BLACK MAGIC FT DRAKE





FULL LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynvgbycdg2t