M.C. SPOTLIGHT:EMILIO ROJAS

Photobucket

Say whats good to the next to blow MC (in my opinion)Emilio Rojas.This kid is nice.I recently just heard of the cat and new he had it instantly.This dude is a beast.Step your hip hop game up and dont be the last to know about him.i recently caught up with him for a lil Q and A and you know how I do it.Heres what happened.

1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

Ahhhhh – I'm not really signed to any label. I have an Itunes release coming out soon with coalmine records, and I have a couple releases under my belt through various international labels/ distributors whose names I'd rather not mention. Right now – I'm focusing on my new record with M-Phazes – and its incredible.

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

Hip hop right now is cool. I'm lucky to be surrounded with a lot of dedicated and talented artists, especially considering that there are a lot of cats out that really aren't doing anything impressive. I am at a point as an artist and a fan where I just want to listen to dope shit, whether it's hip hop, rock, or pop. Whatever it is, as long as its good music.

3.WHATS THE ONE THING YOU THINK NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOR YOU TO TAKE THE WORLD BY STORM?

I think right now my success has been incremental (www.dictionary.com). For me to pop quickly, on a major scale, all I really need is a marketing budget. My music is there. There is always room for me to grow as an artist, but I'm definitely at a point where I can compete.

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES?

Here in New York, you can't even give them shits away anymore. Cats hand me a free mixtape at a show, and it's in the trash before I get on the train. No one wants to carry that shit.


5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Nope. It's a great buzz tool, and is quickly becoming the only relevant form of media across the board. Shit, I turn on youtube more often that I turn on my TV. It gives a lot of us independent artists at platform to be heard.

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

I'm just getting started, and im going to take it as far as I can – wherever that may be.

7.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

*The What*
That song is my shit, biggie kills it, meth kills it. That chorus is crazy
.

8.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

I get around. Haha – I can relate to that shit. Haha, nah – I'm playin. Tupac's catalogue is huge man I don't even have the slightest clue where to start


9.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

Nia Long – aha no question.

10.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

Haha I can do the smooth and bald or a little landing strip joint... but as far as some mega extra tangled – nahhhhhhh im good. That's wild unnecessary. My girl gotta be tidy… neat where I skeet!


11.AIR FORCE ONES ,BAPES ,OR JORDANS

I'm an Airmax head! Bapes look like the bastard child of air force ones and fruit roll ups – im good on those. How the fuck are they gonna put a star where the swoosh is supposed to be and act like it's a different sneaker.

12.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

Nas
Monch
Jay
Pun
BIG



13.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

Ahaha nah they can think what they want. I don't blame them. There is a lot of negativity in hip hop right now. But we're not alone in that anymore so maybe they can point to the entertainment industry as a whole instead. That's what happens when multinational corporations run things. People need to stop looking for negativity in external things and focus on themselves.


14.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Yeah – for sure. Its exposure! Like I said, it provides a platform for people without the big budgets to be heard and seen. The industry needs that.


15.WHEN CAN I GET YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST OFFICIAL STRICKLEE HIP HOP MIXTAPE?

Haha I got you.

16.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

You can reach me at www.myspace.com/raksone, or some of yall can check your girls cell phones.


Thanks for listening and supporting my music. And thanks for hating (bitches) – I appreciate that shit too.


Be on the lookout for My Itunes release in the end of summer, and Emilio Rojas and M-Phazes *Phaze One* December/ January-ish

Thanks to strickleehiphop for the opportunity, and thanks to everyone out there for reading this. Peace.


ONE OF MY FAVS

THAT TIME





http://www.mediafire.com/?cfymjtj3h9j