Artist Spotlight: Serius Jones

Photobucket

Say whats good to Jersey's own lyrical mastermind......Serius Jones.I first heard about him when he destroyed Jin in the Fight Klub battle and been ridin with him ever since.Jones slick style and on point delivery instantly makes him one of your favorate mc's.He's definitely one of the most slept on.So Im here to wait ya'll up.I caught up with him for a lil Q&A stricklee style and heres what went down.YOUR WELCOME...........YOUR ALL WELCOME!


1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

Im unsigned right now and I have my own company Serius Inc. But I'd really like the opportunity to concentrate on just being an "artist" at this point. Im open to doing business with anybody who's willing to make some real moves.

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS
DIRECTION?

I think Hip Hop is growing more now then ever. But there is definitely the need for more "reality" rap. More "Artists" making heart felt life music, without pouring it the filter of bullshit that rappers think makes them cool.

3.AS A UPCOMING ARTIST ,IS IT HARDER FOR YOU TO GET YOUR MUSIC TO THE MASSES,OR ARE THINGS STARTING TO SWING YOUR WAY?

Oh things are Definitely starting to swing this way but its really through alot of work on my part. The visuals and music we've been releasing online have been building the energy.

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES?

Mixtapes are the voice of the streets.

5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Its definitely not destroying hip hop because it has been my lifeline to the people when my bread wasn't right enough to fully take the streets over with the ground campaign. People complain about that which they cant control but i've seen the light. The revolution will be webivised!!

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

Im just getting started, my names known but my music is just getting respected and appreciated. My "Life is Serius" movie is being called a classic www.vimeo.com/3322334 I feel like im still at the bottom even though there are many under me. But i dont look down or back and i have nowhere to go but Up. Their is no celing in my dream house.

7.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

"Juicy" because he captured the dreams, passion and story of the young Black male. That song was the blueprint of the American dream.

8.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

"Death Around the Corner" is one of my favs.. I had some real hard times and that was my theme song. But he got ALOT

9.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

Sanai Lathan. Her booty is bigger, but Nia is Classic too.. Can i have Both??

10.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

Neatly trimmed or bald works for me.. Wild Bush is in the way!

11.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

Alive now? Serius Jones, E-Clipz, Jay-z, Nas, Wayne without Autotune

12.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

Anyone who thinks hip hop is ALL negative in 2009 is an idiot and if they feel that way about hip hop then they definitely feel that way about the Black youth period so I have NO words for them.

13.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR
ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Well here I am. So yes. Any outlet to getting your thoughts and ideas and art across to the World is a beautiful thing as far as im concerned. I appreciate every opportunity to build.

14.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

Shout to every person who's eyes crossed these words and whoever believes in my greatness. I LOVE you All even if its not reciprocated yet. Im holding down Jersey, shout to the Wolves my Harlem fam, Mr. Irunsny, my family for putting up with my overgrind mentality and sacrificing with me through this campaign.. We got HISTORY to make yall. www.twitter.com/seriusjones We just warming up and Its me and you. From the ground up! Make sure you visit www.getserius.com watch the movie, videos and download my latest music FREE!! Life is Serius

www.twitter.com/irunsny

Classic Battle Vs Jin