MC SPOTLIGHT : ETERNIA

Photobucket

Say whats good to Eternia,yes this is a MC spotlight and not a model spotlight(big smile,E is beautiful).Anyway,she spits fire.Ive been rocking with her for a couple of years now.If you haven't heard of her maybe its because shes from Canada(Canada stand up),but don't sleep,no gimmicks here just real MCing.I sat down with E,for a quick Q and she blessed me.Shes also the first female MC ever interviewed here,so that should tell you something.Heres what happened.

1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

I’m currently signed to Urbnet Records (www.Urbnet.com/Eternia) in Canada, they definitely held me down on my last few releases and continue to promote me there. However I’m pretty much a free agent outside of Canada ,J The ‘team’ consists of… Me, my U.S. rep Azar S. and my rep in Canada Kyle Lundie.Woooord.

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

I find this question a funny question.Because you’re always gonna get an opinionated, subjective answer … and you know what ‘they’ say about opinions, right? So ya – I mean… there’s good hip hop music out there, there’s bad hip hop music.I pretty much gravitate to the good, ignore the wack (don’t even spend energy getting’ heated about it, don’t care), and do what I do.Good music is music that makes you Feel.Period. That’s all I’m lookin for… to make and to listen to.

3.AS A FEMALE ARTIST ,IS IT HARDER FOR YOU TO GET YOUR MUSIC TO THE MASSES,OR ARE THINGS STARTING TO SWING YOUR WAY?

I definitely think that the business of music making (esp. hip hop) is not really in favor of women.But I don’t let that stop me.It’s whatever… people notice me more on stage cause I look the way I do and I rap.I’m more interested in someone’s skills and mind and heart than their ethnicity or gender, but maybe that’s just me. (LOL).

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES.

I have mixed emotions on ‘em.I think there are soooo many out there saturating the market that they have decreased in value… like how people throw away a flyer that they’re given on the street, these days it’s the same thing with mixtapes u know? (dime a dozen, who cares…). Which is why when I released “The Collection” and “The Setup” I was sure to make a distinction with my project and regular mixtapes (it said in the liner note: “This is not the album.This is not a mixtape.This is the Setup”)Technically it WAS a mixtape, because it had some popular dubs on it and it was blended by DJ Law, with cuts and all that.But I just think mixtapes have decreased in value so wanted to make sure listeners didn’t place my project in the same category. I talk a lil’ more about that in this really dope article my homie Del Cowie wrote, in the national Canadian paper “Exclaim”: http://www.exclaim.ca/ articles/multiarticlesub.aspx? csid1=122&csid2=779&fid1=31489

5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Hell No,that’s retarded.The internet is just a technological tool, just like the radio is, the television set, the compact disc.Has it changed the game? Sure.Has it destroyed the game?Nah.Reinvented maybe.

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

I’m in a new place of… PEACE.I pray to God for Peace.Everyone in life wants happiness and peace, really.And when I allowed myself to be driven by my career goals (so if music was lookin up, I was happy… if I didn’t get an opportunity I wanted, I was depressed) I was very unhappy.No More.I’ve Let Go.That’s not the same thing as giving up.It just means that now, whenever a music op comes to me, it’s a Blessing.When it doesn’t come, it wasn’t meant for Me.So to answer your question: I’ll take my career as far as the supporters and fans and industry allow me to go.If the demand stops, I will simply stop making music.If the demand increases, you will see me everywhere. Only GOD knows really what He has planned for me.I’m excited regardless… I know whatever I do, I’ma have passion for it and enjoy it.Word up.

7.EVERYBODY I LET HEAR YOUR MUSIC IS FEELING IT,HOWS THE LOVE BACK HOME?

It’s good.I think I get the most love LIVE, like when I connect with people directly, look ‘em in their eyes. There’s always an undeniable connection there.People that have never heard me before become fans for life after they see me live.And I speak from experience, 90% of the time I rock its to people that ain’t never heard of me before, you know?So ya – I’m always new.I guess I’ll always be new.Ha.That ain’t a bad thing.I love being the underdog.And exceeding expectations.

8.WAS THEIR ANY ONE FEMALE M.C. THAT MADE YOU WANNA GET IN THE GAME?

Not really, no.I mean I was a fan of Latifah, Salt n Pepa, Lauryn, Bahamadia… for sure.But I don’t think they were the reasons why I stepped into the game.My brother was the reason.My friends.The crews I rolled in.The Canadian cats that paved the way (ie. Maestro Fresh Wes, Michee Mee).Those are more the reasons than any one female emcee.It never was a gender thing to me, until other people made it that.

9.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

WOW.Lol. Damn hun.That’s not fair.Gonna make me go thru the whole catalogue?!

Lol

I personally love “One More Chance” the remix. But that’s not ‘cause it’s his best song. It’s just the one I heard the most comin’ up in high school, so I have good memories attached to it :-p like when I hear that record drop now, or see the video… (PETER ROSENBERG’s & RALPH McDANIELS’ video parties are the shiiiiet!) I flip. It’s memories and association to that time period.That simple.

10.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

Lol.Same reason as biggie: most memorable to me when I was in high school was the whole “me Against the World” album, I remember I had his VIBE cover on my wall when he dropped that. Lol.

But highlights would be “ How Do You Want It” (ANYTHING w/ Jodeci!! Lol), “California Love”, and “Dear mama”

Sorry can’t just say one.

11.HOW DID YOU FEEL ABOUT THE MISS RAP SUPREME SHOW?

I know ladies that can rap better than most of the girls on that show.But either they didn’t wanna audition, didn’t know about the auditions, or weren’t selected.IF they weren’t selected, I think it’s because the show is focused more on casting personalities to make for interesting TV, then about casting the dopest female emcees that are out there.But I respect Serch and some of the ladies on that show.I watched it, I won’t front.I was feeling the energy of that Russian chick from BK, Byata.I think that Reese Steeles (the girl that won) could spit.So it’s all good, in the end.

12.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

I hate questions like this.My list changes every year.Might sound like a cop out but I don’t believe it’s a competition, I just think u like diff artists for diff things, depending on ur mood.

But the people I listen to and learned from the most are probably the following:

1. Lauryn Hill

2. Nas

3. Pharaohe Monch

4. Jay Z

5. Jeru / ATCQ / Ras Kass / BCC / One Be Lo

Lol

Sorry.I hate any q’s that make me compartmentalize or pick :-p I’m the most open-minded ‘everything is everything’ chick u may meet.

13.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

They must not actively look for Hip Hop music. That simple.If u wait to be spoon fed, of course you’ll get whatever the labels want you to get.That’s your bad, not theirs.

14.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Well,I’m just learning about this site now so not sure if I’m an expert on that subject.Obviously that’s why you created the site, so if you meet your objectives… sure.

In Journalism, that’s called a …. Biased Question. (LOL)(EDITORS NOTE:everybody else fell for it,nicely done E.)

15.WHEN CAN WE DO SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST OFFICIAL STRICKLEE HIP HOP MIXTAPE?

Let’s talk! That simple J

16.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

DJ’s! I got music! If you ain’t got it its probably because I do all my radio promotions myself, I just need to know about you!! J hit me either on my myspace (www.myspace.com/eternia) or my email (eternia@hotmail.com) and I will throw you joints I promise you will love and spin.

To all those who already support: You are Leaders.Because it takes a leader to like the underdog, something that is not spoon fed to you everyday.So Thank You for being Leaders.

To those future supporters: google “Eternia rap” and find out for yourself. If u don’t believe… you will J

*MUAH!*

New Release: "WHERE I'M AT - THE SETUP" OUT NOW!!!

"Evidence" , "Love", and "Struggle" Music Videos:
http://www.eternia.ca/video/ evidence_512k.wmv
http://www.urbnet.com/av/ eternia/eternia-love.wmv
www.urbnet.com/av/eternia/ eternia-struggle.wmv

Artist Info:
http://www.eternia.ca
http://www.urbnet.com/eternia
http://www.myspace.com/eternia

Press Kit:
http://www.sonicbids.com/ eternia
http://www.urbnet.com/news/ presskit-eternia.pdf

TWO OF MY FAVS

NOWHERE FT TORAE AND MS DAVIS





FULL LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/?bb3im2yukxe

HOME FT CHASE MONEY






FULL LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/?1jjy0t55id2