Feature DJ:Benja Styles

Photobucket

Ladies and Gents and Hip Hop heads everywhere,I present to you DJ Benja Styles

1.ARE YOU SIGNED TO ANY LABEL OR GROUP AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DJING?

I am not signed to a label right now but I do remixes for various dj labels, Strictly Hits Records, Clubbangaz Records, Yourremix.com, and soon Crack4djs.net and just produced a song for Joe Buddens new "Mood Muzik" vol 3 (we got the remix) album on Amalgam Digital. I've been dj'ing for way over 10 years.


2.WHO ARE YOUR TOP 5 DJ'S AND WHY?

I am influenced by so many dj's that it's hard to answer that question. I always mention the pioneers like Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash, Red Alert, Mr Magic, and the list goes on. Shout to Funkmaster Flex as well. And all the dj's putting their own records out like Kay Slay, Khaled, Clinton Sparks, Felli Fel, Drama, and the list goes on. To many dj's that support me and that I respect to name.

3.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE

Hip Hop is changing. Of course I like the classic hip hop but at that point it was fresh and new and not everyone was into it. So it was gonna be more raw and grimey. Now with everyone into hip hop it's become watered down. I still rock with it which as a dj you have to adapt and appreciate everything including all styles of music.

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES GAME TODAY ?

Same thing goes for mixtapes. It's become a hustle and not about creativity. We have a lot of this to blame to technology. You're not going to stop technology so you better adapt. I still try to be creative with my tapes but still keep my hustle up.

5.WHATS THE ONE THING YOU THINK A DJ SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER?

Love what you do. When you loose the love, get out.

6.HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN DJ DRAMA GOT INTO HIS SITUATION WITH THE RIAA?

It was a bunch of nonsense. Drama built his brand up from the ground and he was doing what any successful mixtape dj should have been doing. He was promoting artists and broke a lot of peoples careers. The RIAA and the record labels lost sight of this.

7.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

It's changing it. I could sit here and complain about how hip hop sucks all day, but if I do that, I should quit. Even if that's how I feel. Once again you have to adapt but not conform. You need to do you and set your mark in the game.

8.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR AND WHERE DO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

I feel good about the progress I've made but I still have a long way to go. I'm looking to put out my own album, which is in the progress. I just want to bring music to the people and have them appreciate what i do.

9.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

Various


10.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

Various

11.NIA LONG OR LISA RAYE?

I'm gonna say Lisa Raye but they're both fine.


12.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED

I like Bald but it's all good to me as long as they take care of it.

13.TURNTABLES OR CDJ'S

Turntables, occasionally cdj's if I have to.

14. TOP 5 MC(IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

I have a lot of mc's who I like for various reasons, but I have to say my vote for best mc of all time is Rakim.

15. DO
YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTIST AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V?

For sure, keep doing your thing.

16.ANY ADVISE FOR THE UP AND COMING DJ'S OUT THERE?

Learn and study dj'ing and the music business. If you don't love it don't do it.

16.WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM YOU IN THE FUTURE?

The Benja Styles album, more remixes, mixtapes, and production from me. I stay in the lab so it won't stop.

17.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A ARTIST CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS,LET THEM KNOW WHERE THEY CAN FIND YOU(BLOG ,WEBSITE,SIRIUS,XM WHATEVER)

Shout to everyone who supports me and everything I do, I appreciate everything. You can check me out at benjastyles.com, myspace.com/benjastyles, benjastyles.blogspot.com. All business inquires hit me on the email at justbenja@yahoo.com. You can check me out on aol radio the mixtape station everyday for free. My mixshow runs on a rotating time schedule.






--
BENJA STYLES(AOL RADIO)
CLUBBANGAZ RECORDS
STRICTLY HITS RECORDS
YOURREMIX.COM
www.benjastyles.com
www.myspace.com/benjastyles
www.myspace.com/backblockmovement
http://benjastyles.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/BENJASTYLES