ARTIST SPOTLIGHT:DRAKE

Photobucket

Say whats good to Drake,Toronto's own Lyrical beast.Drake is the truth.His flow is so effortless its almost unfair to other MC's in the game right now.I first heard him about 3 years ago and i was a fan instantly,as I'm sure you will be to.Its taken me a while to catch up with him because of his hectic schedule,but I did it.Here what happened.

1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO?

Currently I am not signed but it's a work in progress.

2.WERE YOU HAPPY WITH THE RECEPTION,OF YOUR MIXTAPE,OR WERE YOU EXPECTING MORE?(EDITORS NOTE:IF YOU DONT HAVE IT ,YOUR STUPID)

I am extremely happy with the reception! I made a mixtape that can stand alone and speak for itself and that's all I could of have hoped for.

3.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE HIP HOP AS A WHOLE ?

I feel hip hop today is okay I think the definition of hip hop has changed over the years. For some it's a sound for some it's a hot beat and for others it's content. Everyone has there own definition and that makes it a little hard to compare it. In a way it's good because it's artistic expression.

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES ?

I think mixtapes are a good way for artist to experiment and get their projects out there to the fans. It's also a way to help the artist measure fan response before putting out an album.

5.I KNOW YOUR BUZZ HERE IS GOING CRAZY,HOWS THE LOVE AT HOME?

The Love from T.O. is amazing! There's nothing better than hometown love.

6.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

No, I think it's helping. There are people that have reached millions of fans through the internet like me for instance and others who have gotten signed just by being on myspace or other places. It just depends at what way you look at it.

7.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,MUSICALLY?

Right now I'm taking some time to figure out exactly what direction I want to go as I continue to work on my new album but at the same time I feel blessed to achieve everything that I have and to be able to continue down this path.

8.WHAT CAN YOU TELL THE PEOPLE ABOUT ATF(ALL THINGS FRESH)

ATF is a movement and a group of people that are moving in the same direction with a common goal.We keep all things fresh.

9.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

Big Poppa is none other than the one that goes like...i love it when you call me big poppa, throw your hands in the air if yous a true playa cuz i see some ladies tonight that should be having my baby..baby (only the verse could describe it)

10.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

Dear Momma because i love my mom

12.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

I'd have to say Sanaa Lathan

13.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED

For me it's neatly trimmed as well as for a girl.

14.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTIST AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V?

Yes I do.I think any medium that allows artist to reach out to new fans is helpful.

15.TOP 5 MC OF ALL TIME AND WHY?(NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

Biggie, Tupac, Lupe, Pharrell, Jay-Z

16.WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM YOU IN THE FUTURE?

You can expect great things from Drake in the future.I will be releasing a new album, single, video and hopefully going on tour.

17.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS

They can contact my assistant Krishane at krishane.bpe@gmail.com. There's always my email talktodrake@gmail.com as well but it could take a lot longer that way sometimes.

As for my fans I just want to thank them to embarking on this journey with me and always supporting me and my music.


HERES SOME OF MY PERSONAL FAVS


A MILLI FREESTYLE





http://www.mediafire.com/?1xmmqjze9z5

STRESS





http://www.mediafire.com/?zqgjbbcqgtz

WHERE 2 NOW





http://www.mediafire.com/?01oazz3jcyz