MC Spotlight: Large Amount

Photobucket

Say whats good to Y.O.'s own(Yonkers)Large Amount.Yo Large is nice ,theres no other way for me to put it.He spit with the hunger that the game is missing right now.When I first heard him i had to hunt him down and find out about him and bring him to you.Large has his own style and Im sure your gonna feel his music.Sit back and enjoy our convo.YOUR WELCOME........YOUR ALL WELCOME.

1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

Well I'm not currently signed to any label but Ð-block is tha team I'm rydin wit along side that I'm in Á group called gangsta click which consists of almost Á dozen otha rappers spread out all of tha country so so def artist t-waters is also Á member of tha gangsta click and AP who u know from Ð-block is also in anotha group wit me called BDS ( Broad Day Shootas ).

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

I think hiphop is doin fairly well we got artist like lupe fiasco who step outside tha box and get recognized for it and kanye who has a lot of style and substance u very rarely find tha 2 on tha same plate I feel like artist such as TI and jeezy do somthin special for tha south because they have real stories and people from their regions count on them to tell it to tha rest of tha world I think all tha hard workers or get their just due and those who don't put forth tha effort are tha biggest critics.

3.AS A UNDERGROUND ARTIST ,IS IT HARDER FOR YOU TO GET YOUR MUSIC TO THE MASSES,OR ARE THINGS STARTING TO SWING YOUR WAY?

As Á underground artist its definitely harder to break thru on tha mainstream level unless u take tha underground wit u to tha mainstream like artist such as mos def, talib kwali even soulja boy started as Á undrground artist on youtube and he brought his audience to tha mainstream. As for tha Ny underground scene its much harder now because of tha big influence dance music has on hiphop and tha south is dominating in that field wit tha exception of Á few like webstar and lil mama and not for nothin its not Á bad lead to follow but I got my own lane I've been told that I sound like Á Nas/SP or Á lupe fiasco but more in tune wit tha street I like to say ima street cat who aint afraid of tha library an it seems to be workin in my favor @ tha moment I've been on Á host of mixtapes ranging from big mike to dj whiteowl to dj clue an I have done tracks wit artist like nas snoop dogg prodigy tha lox Q tha Kid bathgate tha legendary craig g even underground artist such as ransom termonology affion crockett snyp life tha list goes on so I can say things are progressing.

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES?

Tha mixtape game is has neva been more important then it is now if u ask me wit downloads effecting record sales, on Á street level or on the underground scene its important to dominate tha mixtape market and theirs so many mixtape dj's these dayz I feel like its Á competition between all of us meaning mixtape dj's and there affiliations wit artist, all artist wanna be on tha tha hottest mixtapes and all dj's want tha hottest artist so we all compete for those slots.

5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

I don't think tha internet is destroyin tha game its just advancing tha game and some people are having Á hard time transitioning but artist are more reluctant to put out albums so its tha only way to really get ya music out there and have it appreciated.

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

I hope to take my career to anotha level where I can get into acting that's my goal and to one day run my own successful record company.

7.IF YOU COULDVE JUMPED ON ANY BIGGIE TRACK WITH HIM ,WHAT JOINT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

I woulda burned that "I love tha doe" record.

8. IF YOU COULDVE JUMPED ON ANY TUPAC TRACK WITH HIM WHAT JOINT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

"White mans world" mainly for tha message he wuz sendin.

9.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

Sanni definitely she's more of Á real woman to me but Nia tight too I wouldn't pass it up.

10.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

Bald I like to take pics tha bushy pussy stuff gets in tha way but ah neat trim aint bad.

11.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

Nas, AZ, Jay-Z, Andre 3000, Common.

12.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

Anybody who thinks hiphop is all negative is all negative themselves hiphop has fed a lot of families and put a lot of kids thru school hiphop gave a lot of people opportunities wen they thought they had nothin people wit felonies an all types of road blocks in front of em use this business to make things betta we owe it to tha pioneers to keep it all positive so we can continue to create opportunities for tha less fortunate.

13.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

I definitely think this site is gonna be helpful as far as finding music for tha fans who apreciate lyrics and for those who realy wanna get tha inside scoop on their favorite artist I'm lookin forward to seeing where this site goes and wut it does for hiphop artist in tha future.

14.WHEN CAN WE DO SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST OFFICIAL STRICKLEE HIP HOP MIXTAPE?

We can get started on tha Stricklee Hip Hop mixtape when eva u ready I'm always ready to work, my main thing is to stay busy.

15.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

All dj's and rappers lookin to network can contact me at largeamount@tmail.com an all my fans can comment on my my music on my myspace myspace.com/thereallargeamount and check for show dates and read blogs and updates on wuts goin on wit large amount.

One of my Favs.
Freestyle Ft Styles P





Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?61kxe5nxizs