Artist Spotlight:Ali Vegas

Photobucket

Say Whats good to Queens NY own Ali Vegas.Ive know about Ali for a long time now and was so happy to finally catch up with him.He's spits that raw.......but with a slick style,not heard from many of todays so called MC's.He's been patient with game and is getting better and better.If you like hip hop with style and passion ya'll love him.So what that being sadi lets get to it.YOUR WELCOME...... YOUR ALL WELCOME.


1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

Rich Soil Entertainment

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

Hip Hop is what it is. It's not the 80's or the 90's, it's a whole different ball game. You have to accept that there will always be rappers that make different kinds of records. Lyrical records, street records, party records and gimmick records. These different kinds of records have always been around, now the gimmick songs are becoming more popular than the lyrical songs. It comes down to what the fans want to support, the fans are in control of the direction of Hip Hop.

3 AS A UPCOMING ARTIST ,IS IT HARDER FOR YOU TO GET YOUR MUSIC TO THE MASSES,OR ARE THINGS STARTING TO SWING YOUR WAY?

Nah, it's not hard at all with the internet being so big. I am able to get my music out whenever I want. I get a chance to stay in touch with the people that have been supporting me for years.

4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES.

I love them. I've always loved mixtapes, it kept me buzzing i the streets. You can display your raw talent.

5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Not really, I think it is helping it. Now it's more in the artists' hands than the record companies. The internet levels the playing field. Now every aspiring artist has a chance to put music out. Now it's up to the artist to make sure what they put out is quality.

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

Well I'm content because I'm a content person. I love where I'm at because I'm not in it for the fame and glamour and stuff. It's like Mike told me, use music as a vehicle to help get you to where you gotta go in life. So I'm going to drive this vehicle til the wheels fall off.

7.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

Juicy because it's what you feel as an artist when you touch success. It's the perfect record for any artist.

8.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

Keep your head up because it was the last pure record Tupac made.

9.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

Sanni Lathan because Jada P-Smith is married and Halle Berry has a babydaddy.

10.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

It don't matter as long as it is pink and it don't stink.

11.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick, Nas, and Kool G Rap.

12.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

Hip Hop helped get our president elected. Hip Hop is a reason why there is such a great awareness of important topics such as poverty, diseases, crime, etc. Name another genre of music that has brought the world together like Hip Hop. You have Hip Hop fans all over the world, all ages and races. I'm not a negative person and my music reflects me, so everything about hip hop can't be negative.

13.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Yeah, that's why I'm thankful for y'all. Thanks for interviewing me. It's not going to take just one person we got to come together, the fans, promotional sites, etc. Some of us forget where we are going and forget how to get there, but we need to keep going together. Together we can restore the feeling.

14.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

www.intelligentswag.com, www.virb.com/alivegas, www.myspace.com/alivegas, facebook, Dj's can reach me at ponycity@gmail.com. Thanks to everybody that has been and continues to support my movement.

Dislike





LINK

Everyday Is War





LINK