PRODUCERS SPOTLIGHT: KING I DIVINE

Photobucket

Say whats good to King I Divine,banging beat maker.I cant front,I just linked up with him about 48 hours ago,and I was blown away right off the back.He is no joke.Divine is exactly why I started this site,to find and promote the real dopeness of this art form.I suggest every MC, Label head, and any fan of music check him out and take note.We had a lil Q & A and heres what went down.Enjoy



1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

Wus up y’all I’m the King I Divine, CEO of KING- I – ENTERTAINMENT.
Currently I have 3 artists on the label- Blactxt, Venus, and FreePhareal.

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

Hip Hop has always had its hot and wack moments.
I feel today’s hip-hop lacks balance and is driven more by money than the art itself. Because now it’s driven more by money, Hip Hop has become more of a “Product” than an “Art”

3.WHAT IS YOUR BEAT MAKING WEAPON OF CHOOSE REASONS,FRUITY LOOPS,MPC WHAT,AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS?

I started making beats in 2004; I made my first beat on Garage Band. After that I went on to using Reason. I love using software based programs but I just had to get a MPC. So now I currently use the MPC 1000.

4.HOW MANY BEATS DO YOU MAKE A DAY AND HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT SAMPLING?

I make like 2 joints a day. Sometimes just one - if I’m really into the beat I just gotta let it marinate. Sampling? I love it. It’s an Art form. Anybody can loop a sample, but it takes a creative mind to flip and chop a sample into a hot beat.


5.DO YOU THINK, THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP, LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Na..If anything the internet has helped Hip Hop. You can get your music to people all over the world with the stroke of a button. All the work that had to be done before can be done on the internet for damn near no cost…There are always going to be good and bad sides to everything though…You can use fire to destroy or you can use it to heat your food and keep you warm…

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOU’RE AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR, AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

Well my career has just begun; I’m doing the thing I love to do so that’s a good thing. Ultimately I would like to end up scoring movies like Danny Elfman.

7.IF YOU COULD WORK WITH ANY ARTIST WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

Stevie Wonder, because he’s a genius

8.IF YOU COULD RE MAKE ANYBODYS SONG, WHAT ARTIST AND SONG WOULD IT BE?

Ten Percent- “Every Man”

9.FAVORITE BEAT OUT RIGHT NOW AND WHY?

Blu & Exile- Blu Collar Worker, In Remembrance Of Me, those joints are just too dope.

10.SANAA LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

Like they said on the Ghostface Supreme Clientele LP, “Nia When I see ya….”lol !!!

11.BALD, BUSH, OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

I don’t discriminate...

12.TOP 5 PRODUCERS (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, AND DONT SAY YOURSELF.LOL)

Rza

Pete rock

Dj Premier

Neptunes

9th wonder

13.ANY WORDS, OR THOUGHTS FOR UP AND COMING PRODUCERS WHO WANNA START MAKING BEATS?

Understand that this is still a business and although you want to be ill at making music, make sure you understand the business side of it just as well…

Once you think you’ve learned everything, you know nothing at all- always be a student of your craft.

14.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP20HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Mos Def

15.WHEN CAN WE DO SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST OFFICIAL STRICKLEE HIP HOP MIXTAPE?

Whenever you’re ready, holla at me.

16.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A ARTIST CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.

www.myspace.com/kingientertainment

www.king-i-ent.com

Peace and love to all my supporters, I appreciate all the love and the feedback.

Shout out to my family and everyone on my team, the list is too long to name but you know who you are. Special shout out to KJ soon to be KM!

CHECK OUT SOME OF HIS HOT SHIT