ARTIST SPOTLIGHT:SMALL EYEZ

Photobucket

Meet Small Eyez,Atlanta's own microphone genius,yes genius.I recently just found out about this cat myself ,but when I heard his joints it instantly reminded me why I started this site in the first place.Yes he's from the A.T.L. ,but his music cant be boxed into what you think you know or been shown about the south.So if your into lyrics ,beats and flat out creativity,y'all love Small Eyez.I hunted him own for little Q & A.Heres what happened


1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

Me.Myself & Eye Records. lol...but nah im 121% independent. I established my own imprint Mind Musik Ent in 05', and have released three successful records.. straight dolo.

2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

I Feel like Radio Raheem. The story of Hip Hop is Static. It Fluctuates. Given the whole new industry paradigm were experiencing, this is the best & worst time to be a Artist right now.


3.HOW WOULD YOU CLASSIFY YOU MUSIC,I MEAN YOUR FROM ATL BUT WHEN PEOPLE HERE THAT THEY INSTANTLY THINK JEEZY OR T.I.,AND YOUR COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ?(EDITORS NOTE:I THINK IT 'S DOPE)

Well to clarify..im actually originally from Dayton/Cincinnati , Ohio. I came down to the A for College in 2002, and Never left. My Style of Music is just Real Hip Hop. that shit sounds cliche, but thats what it is. Its an Emcee spitting his heart out hoping to convey a message powerful enough to reach people. I recently came across this really dope Marvin Gaye quote that summarizes exactly what i want to do worldwide with my music...he said "" an Artist, if he is truly an artist, is only interested in one thing, and that is to wake up the minds of men. To have mankind & womankind realize that there is something greater than what we see on the surface" - Marvin Gaye"

4.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

the Internet Killed & Saved Hip Hop. It Made it harder to just push cds on cats and make millions. Dudes have to actually go hard, and prove themselves to get real money now. On the Flip, it makes it so somebody like myself can get 2500 downloads on one song, in a matter of a a day or two and reach people worldwide like never before.

5.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

I'm Steady climbing..some recognition here & there. but like me and my dude Spree Wilson say..the goal is Stadium Status. To Rock Worldwide. and Reach as many people in as many Countries as Possible. Thats Where im Going..Filling up Stadiums on some Eagles type shit.

6.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

Everyday Struggle..no question. that joint hits home. the melody is pure feel good vibe, but the lyrics are dark & depressing.I'm seeing body after body and our mayor Giuliani/ Ain't trying to see no black man turn into John Gotti. Pure B.I.G.

7.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

man a lot to choose from here. Pac is a huge inspiration far as passion, content and pure conviction go in his message. I'd have to say the Whole Me Against The World Album. I Go Back to that Album a lot for inspiration.

8.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

both..in a threesome. but Sanaa would get it two times..

9.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

neatly trimmed...makes it more realistic. like it with a little fuzz.

10.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

wildin...i dont even know if this is even possible to do anymore. aint no more greats.

11.AIR FORCE ONES OR JORDANS

forces....all day.

12.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

KILL YO SELF...then Reincarnate..and Learn to Read & actually go beyond the shit they force feed you in the media.

13.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

yup...i respect the approach...need some fresh shit in the game.

14.WHEN CAN WE DO SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST OFFICIAL STRICKLEE HIP HOP MIXTAPE?

just get at me..im ready all day.

15..LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

email- smalleyez@gmail.com for booking, music etc. All Small Eyez Music is Available NOW on iTunes!

The Art is Eternal. Real Music Floats to the Top. The Radiant Kids Coming To a Block,Street, Village,Town near you! Check myspace.com/smalleyezopen for all News, Tour Dates, & Info.




--
The Eyez Are Small, Cuz The Lies Are Tall, Gotta Expand The Vision to Expose Em' All.


www.ChesingTheCool.com <- The Blog
http://myspace.com/smalleyezopen <-The Music
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=279207746&s=143441 <- The Album on iTunes!


HERES HIS LATEST AND SOME PERSONAL FAVS(SAMPLE THEN FULL LINK)

DO THE BRIGHT THING





http://www.mediafire.com/?si0zxhmj9jm

CRUISE CONTROL





http://www.mediafire.com/?yxoifyngxpm

BLINK





http://www.mediafire.com/?venmzqzwymw