Artist Spotlight:Woodro

Photobucket

Say whats good to Woodro,Young wise spitter reppin Queens.I was recently put on to Dro through a Friend of mine.Just when I thought hip hop was going thru a copycat phase,im introduced to his music.Dro aint out here speaking on rims and chains,but real thought provoking lyrics.I caught up with him for a lil Q&A and heres what happened.YOUR WELCOME........YOUR ALL WELCOME.


1.FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WHAT LABEL OR GROUP ARE YOU SIGNED TO PRESENTLY?

I'm not signed to no label, i am an independent artist, myself along with my partner Notts basically just do our own thing which is the way to go in my opinion


2.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAYS HIP HOP,AND WHEN I SAY THAT I MEAN IT ALL THE HOT SHIT THE WACK SHIT....HIP HOP AS A WHOLE AND ITS DIRECTION?

Hip Hop is big, Mainstream hip hop? underground hip hop? east coast west coast, local, global, i mean hip hop is all over, hip hop is big, hip hop is huge, i have a cousin who is living in Peru who is over there doing shows and he says the scene is like 90's out there, i mean personally i hate all the fronting about hip hop, i am tired of alot of the things in regards to hip hop, but that shit is my life and there is all ways gonna be good hip hop music out there you just gotta look

3.AS A UNDERGROUND ARTIST ,IS IT HARDER FOR YOU TO GET YOUR MUSIC TO THE MASSES,OR ARE THINGS STARTING TO SWING YOUR WAY?

I feel like you gotta hit them showcases and grind on the Internets, that's the only way you gonna get your music heard now a days, its like the Internet is the ground level for artists now, so do your shows, grind on the Internet, especially the blogs and you will get your music heard


4.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MIXTAPES.

Mixtapes are good...Albums are better

5.DO YOU THINK,THE INTERNET IS DESTROYING HIP HOP,LIKE MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT?

Nah its really not destroying hip hop, think as an artist, i can set up a website for myself, upload my music and videos, set up a pay pal where people can order my Cd's and i don't have to pay anybody shit, i have my own business right there, it goes back to what do you want from hip hop, you can control your own hip hop destiny, only ones hurting are the major labels hahaha

6.HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WHERE YOUR AT IN YOUR CAREER THUS FAR,AND WHERE TO YOU ULTIMATELY WANT TO TAKE IT?

I wanna take it as far as it can go as long as i stay control of the wheel

7.FAV. BIGGIE JOINT AND WHY?

Favorite Biggie joint would prolly be Long Kiss Goodnight, the singing on the hook is fucking sick i remember hearing that and saying WOW just couldn't get over the hook, it was beyond dope

8.FAV. TUPAC JOINT AND WHY?

Dear Momma lol yo real talk man that song has had me close to tears, i felt like i wanted to be a better son when i first heard that, i mean i wasn't but hahahahah I LOVE YOU MOM!

9.SANNI LATHAN OR NIA LONG AND WHY?

Sanna Latham! Get my wifey name right!! hahahaha, Shes beautiful man, Nia Long would get it, but i would get Sanna pregnant on purpose

10.BALD , BUSH ,OR NEATLY TRIMMED?

Bald, i wanna see whats going on under there, dont be hiding no scabs from the god! hahahaha

11.TOP 5 MC'S (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

Nas,jay electronica,big pun,jay z,krs 1

12.ANY WORDS,OR THOUGHTS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT THINK HIP HOP IS ALL NEGATIVE?

No, I actually think that anybody who thinks hip hop is all negative doesn't listen to the music so who cares what they think

13.DO YOU THINK A PROMOTION SITE LIKE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR ARTISTS,SUCH AS YOURSELF AND DJ'S,AND FANS WHO WANT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SO CALLED HIP HOP,THAT THEY PLAY ALL DAY ON T.V AND JUST CANT FIND THE HOT SHIT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?

Yes as long as ya keep it FRESH and you go hard posting daily and just really trying to bring what you feel the game needs and you keep giving light to the right music, you should be good

14.LASTLY,WHERE CAN A DJ CONTACT YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY TO ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS AND NEW FANS OUT THERE.AND ANY SHOUT OUTS.

they can hit me on my twitter directly www.twitter.com/woodr0 or through email WoodroMorales@gmail.com or of course the ever popular myspace.com/WOODRODROPTEAM

Before i go to i just wanna say thanks to strickleehiphop, i wanna give a big out to the whole flushtown, Notts, Chris and Jay and to the people WAKE UP!!!!!!!!


HERES 1 OF HIS JOINTS

MLK

Download